Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Party Bags

At work tonight I found this...
 ...And I started to remember the good old days,
where birthday parties were full of fun and games such as pin the tail on the donkey, pass the parcel, treasure hunt, party bags, freeze, musical cushions, fairy bread, and oh so much more.
What fun it must have been as a parent to host such a joy filled day.

Every now and again the odd pass the parcel will still grace us with its presence,
but I can't help but wonder,
When did we become too old for party bags?
I cannot remember the age where these wonderful, colourful bags of sweets, balloons, bubbles, and other fantastic goodies, all placed in a tiny bag with your name on it, stopped appearing.





What a beautiful way to say the simple phrase,
"thank you for coming to my party".

In August,
if I decide to celebrate my birthday again,
I may consider including some of these.
And then I can watch the different childhood expressions of happiness fall on the faces of all my guests.

What Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment