Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Edge

"I want to think of dangerous and noble things to be light and frolicsome. I want to be improbable, beautiful, and afraid of nothing as though I had wings." 
Mary Oliver


I am afraid of many things. 
The dentist.
The doctor.
Heights.
Of the future. 
Of mistakes.
Of heartbreak.
Of forgetting.
Of being told that I'm unwell.
To go somewhere new.
To admit my faults.
To fail.
Of change.
But also of things staying the same.
 Of showing too much of myself.
And of not showing enough.
 To live life over the edge. 
But if I live life in fear. How will I enjoy any moment of it?


the EDGE from Piotr Kabat on Vimeo.

"The edge. There is no honest way to explain it. 
Because the only ones who know where it is, are the ones who have gone over. 
The others, the living, are those who push their control as far as they felt they could handle it, and then they pulled pack.
Or slowed down.
But the edge is still out there."

No comments:

Post a Comment