Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Dead Poets

“We don’t read and write poetry because it’s cute.
We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race,
and the human race is filled with passion.
Medicine and law, business, engineering; these are noble pursuits, and necessary to sustain life,
But poetry, beauty, romance, love;
These are what we stay alive for...”
Keating; Dead Poets Society

I remember studying The Dead Poets Society in Highschool,
and unlike so many of the films we were forced to watch,
my love for this one grew as we watched it over and over, and our understanding of it grew larger and larger.
It's a classic.
And I still love it.
I found myself watching it again yesterday and I can't get it out of my mind.
Its a simple love. And it gets me everytime.


No comments:

Post a Comment